2005-04-21

Good use of tax refund

Member Writes:

In a message dated 4/20/2005 1:33:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, x writes:
I just wanted to let you know that I mailed the check out yesterday. I had already emailed the broker about it so hopefully it will get taken care of quick :)

I did 400 IRA, 1000 rainy day as you suggested. Thanks so much.


Money Prof:

Good "sense of urgency" as you had your refund back just after a lot of people were just filing.

I'll bet there is some correlation on average between the date taxes were complete and the persons financial condition. What do you members think??

Good move on saving that money!!! Most people would have said "I'm rich, take me to the designer sunglasses, lets buy 2 more pairs. And while we're shopping anyway lets go look at the shoes. Then on the way home lets hit the bars and buy the bar a few rounds. :)

I use sunglasses as an example a lot, but I also need to be an equal opportunity basher: : )

Just found out that a new member bought new tires and rims( big bucks) for his truck............... but here is the kicker: the tires & rims weren't worn out, he just wanted better looking ones. :(
I'm hoping that he's new, hasn't read all the posts yet and why he bought new rims is he didn't compute what that money would be worth in 35 years of having it invested.

Yes, I have the "extra cost optional'' 9-spoke 18-in. x 8-in. front, cast aluminum with polished finish, non-faceted, with Michelin Pilot performance radial tires on my new car.......... but that is AFTER I had plenty of retirement money. : )

BTW: at a later date we'll discuss why you don't want to get a tax refund.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home