2005-02-22

More on "Excuses are BS"

STUDENT writes:
"I already have an IRA that I put $500 into which you help me set up through A. G. Edwards. It's up to about $550 now. I set this up the summer going into college from Graduation money. I had a really great Econ teacher in High School that made us calculate out how much we would need to put in the bank every year until we are 60 to have 2 million dollars. He chose 2 million because that's what many have predicted will be the amount needed to have a decent retirement for my age group. I calculated around 2000 dollars a year starting at age 21. To me, that's a lot of money. However, if I put $ aside every paycheck like you said, it is do-able."
____________
MONEY PROF responds:

OK, GREAT. I had forgot about that. :(

You're ahead of the thinking process already if you even know what you need to save.

For my BS excuses on not having your acct online:
I keep an eye on over 45 accts. Between my own, the company profit sharing plan, sons, grandchildren, relatives, friends, friends children, and yes, friends grandchildren.

Now, be honest does that make it OK??? How much do you really care about my friends grandchildren's accts?????
All you want to know is your acct. OK. ( if it does make it OK, then we really need to do some work!! But I doubt it.)

LEARN THIS: Excuses are BS, WAS IT DONE OR NOT!!!!!!!! Its too bad there isn't a course on this in college. Or High school, but might be too hard to teach at that level. You will get more out of really accepting and applying this than 10 courses. ( no, don't cut your fall schedule :) Every time you run into this in life, say to yourself: was it done or not??? If not, excuses are BS.


Soooooo, I already signed up this morning to view your acct. online. You will be mailed a form to sign to authorize me to see your acct., look for it about Mon. Something must have gone wrong when we first set that acct up?? If you don't receive it by Tues. March 1st, call [...] to mail you another form. Do they have your correct address college address??? If not, call [...] to mail you another form to correct address to authorize me. ( as the one I signed up for goes to whatever address you have on file).
Hold it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could that be the problem on this???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home