2005-02-25

You need me to balance your friends

Member writes:
"This being said, I need to... as u say, "Cut the BS" STOP spending and get my goals moving financially. I liked your story about the toy. That's how I view it! That's something I've always grasped--now I have to put it into action. "
__________
MONEY PROF responds:

I know you're saying ok, lets get to the stock market. :)

But remember.................. 5% of zero is zero, and 10% of zero is zero.

The young man that took the money out of his IRA a few days ago doesn't need to learn how to invest. :(


Here is the hard part:

That most of you don't want to hear. WHY .....................because you know I'm right. ( yes I get that you're smart enough to know most of this, the problem might be you're not yet disciplined enough to follow it??) That is what I'm trying to instill.


IMPORTANT:
Off the subject for a min. Why you need to stay with this and not quit or slack ( are you thoroughly reading emails or doing the BS "I don't have time"?) is I don't think you're getting this any place else.

You need me to balance your friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, Aunts, relatives etc. My guess is 98% of your friends would say this is all BS, their advice " live, laugh, love & don't worry about tomorrow". They will be standing by the mailbox at 68 yrs old waiting for the SS check to buy food. You will be vacationing on the beach and having the SS check direct deposited into your acct. ( of course automatically :)
No, not at 68, 30s as you saved for the vacation.

You have two three year olds with one toy, you say whoever goes first gets to play with the toy for 5 min., whoever goes second can play with the toy for 2 days. What do they both pick?

If the above doesn't motivate you, then maybe this will piss you off enough to take action:


"From birth to 18 a girl needs good parents; from 18 to 35, she needs good looks. From 35 to 55, good personality. From 55 on, she needs good cash. I'm saving my money." -- Sophie Tucker

Do you really want to be in the position of not being in control later in life??? You have to pay, do you pay now or pay later is the only question. And not always in cash. :( For example: do you pay by being in a relationship you hate but need to stay as you are dependant on that person for financial support??? Easy to say NO WAY now, but then work two jobs??? My point is you need to be in financial control of yourself now.

You need to decide what is more important, do you really need that extra 10th pair of shoes or do you just want them. NEED or WANT ???
Do you drop that extra $20 in the bar, or do you save it to buy the shoes?? Or do you invest it??
Let me try a different approach: I'm trying to get you thinking ( right now you probably don't think, you just get the urge and BUY, be it lets hit the bars, I'll buy more shoes, drop $50 on dinner AND bar, better yet hey lets throw a big party etc. etc.) I'm sure all of you see it in others: "I don't have any money to save, or worse I can't pay my bills", and you know you personally saw them waste $50 yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!
Please email me that you at least read this. Since I'm not getting paid, want to have the feeling I'm not wasting my time. That will be my pay.
One last point, nothing wrong at all with doing any of the above spending examples IF the money was saved for that fun thing out of the spending money. (Yes, in advance).

Repeat:
One last point, nothing wrong at all with doing any of the above spending examples IF the money was saved for that fun thing out of the spending money. (Yes, in advance !!!!)

Please email me that you at least read this. Since I'm not getting paid, want to have the feeling I'm not wasting my time. That will be my pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home