2005-04-28

Why not mix in some different excuses

Do you constantly use excuses???? I would have IF........

Here are some really good ones if you need a better collection. I find that most people over use the old stand by: "I didn't have time". Why not mix in some different excuses. :)

OR is it finally time to say to yourself : Excuses are____. Please fill in the blank.


From the book "Think and grow rich", by Napoleon Hill:

If I didn't have a wife and family . . . If I had enough 'pull' . . . If I had money . . . If I had a good education . . . If I could get a job . . . If I had good health . . . If I only had time . . . If times were better . . . If other people understood me . . . If conditions around me were only different . . . If I could live my life over again . . . If I did not fear what 'they' would say . . . If I had been given a chance . . . If I now had a chance . . . If other people didn't 'have it in for me' . . . If nothing happens to stop me . . . If I were only younger . . . If I could only do what I want . . . If I had been born rich . . . If I could meet 'the right people' . . . If I had the talent that some people have . . . If I dared to assert myself . . . If I only had embraced past opportunities . . . If people didn't get on my nerves . . . If I didn't have to keep house and look after the children . . . If I could save some money . . . If the boss only appreciated me . . . If I only had somebody to help me . . . If my family understood me . . . If I lived in a big city . . . If I could just get started . . . If I were only free . . . If I had the personality of some people . . . If I were not so fat . . . If my talents were known . . . If I could just get a 'break' . . . If I could only get out of debt . . . If I hadn't failed . . . If I only knew how . . . If I didn't have so many worries . . . If everybody didn't oppose me . . . If I could marry the right person . . . If people weren't so dumb . . . If my family were not so extravagant . . . If I were sure of myself . . . If luck were not against me . . . If I had not been born under the wrong star . . . If it were not true that 'what is to be will be' . . . If I did not have to work so hard . . . If I hadn't lost my money . . . If I lived in a different neighborhood . . . If I didn't have a 'past' . . . If I only had a business of my own . . . If other people would only listen to me . . .

If - and this is the greatest of them all - if I had the courage to see myself as I really am, I would find out what is wrong with me and correct it. Then I might have a chance to profit by my mistakes and learn something from the experience of others, for I know that there is something wrong with me, or I would now be where I would have been if I had spent more time analyzing my weaknesses and less time building alibis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home