2005-04-29

and do not want to push to get ahead in life

New member:

In a message dated 4/28/2005 10:31:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, X writes:
RE: "Successful people" . I really liked that one. Unfortunately I wanted to print the page out but I have know one to give it to, as I don't think I know anyone who would actually read it and take time to comprehend what is being said :(

Money Prof:

Something you want to keep in mind is if all your friends would think this is BS then you might need a different mix of friends. I'm NOT saying all your friends should agree with this "thinking", but at least X percent should.

One IMPORTANT point I'd like you to not forget as I've had trouble with people misunderstanding me on this point in the past:
There is nothing at all wrong with a person who says I don't agree with Money Prof's thinking on this Blog at all: I like to live simple and do not want to push to get ahead in life. I'm more than willing to move to a very low cost area, live in a shack that I built, cut my own firewood, grow a vegetable garden, sew my clothes etc, etc. If that person really does that, GREAT. They are just as good as the person that is the company president (maybe better???). BUT.............. the first day that person says ( or thinks) I wish I had a speed boat ( not a small row boat they worked on themselves) a new car, or a better house etc. then they become a LOSER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home