2005-03-02

It's OK not to get it done...not my fault...

STUDENT writes:

"I will be leaving town on Friday morning for Spring Break and will not be
returning until March 13th. I just wanted to let you know that ahead of time
so you don't think I am giving you any excuses for not sending the paperwork
right back!! :)"

_____________
MONEY PROF responds:

FYI: That is a BS excuse.
Do all of you realize that it's an excuse for not giving an excuse. ???

YES, you do because you can see it in others by now even though you might not be able to see it in yourself yet. If you did we're gaining on it, if not reread all the emails.

My response:

FYI: That is a BS excuse.

Glad you sent it so I can go over the thinking process with you. I need to get you up to "is it done or not" thinking.


The correct thinking process is : "I called Melissa at 1-800-... to ask her to do me a favor and also mail forms to where I'll be on spring break". If I get it returned Thurs. great, if I don't I'll mail it from spring break.

Now you might say but hold it I didn't think of that. True, but why............ because you won't until you switch to NO EXCUSES, was it done or not. Get rid of the " it's not my fault" I was leaving for spring break thinking.

The beauty part about this is 95%+ of people buy the it's OK, its not my fault thinking, so if you can switch to "is it done or not", it will be easy to beat them be it financially or in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home