2005-03-10

NO FUN, NO LIFE AND NO FRIENDS

This paragraph indented below was written by the "former member" that I had to get rid of. You don't want to be around anyone ignorant ( or stubborn) enough to take this subject to mean " to obtain money you need to not have fun, no life, and no friends.

In life try to avoid people that don't know, but think they do know.

You can help people that don't know. and know they don't know.

But you will just waste you time with people that don't know, but think they do know.

This person has credit card debt, bills are so high they have to work two jobs, has an old car with a loan on it ( she also borrowed money from someone and then came up with an excuse for not paying it back) AND is still stubborn enough to write: "that's some thinking I will stick by and still be ahead in life."

You might be confused on this, she is not the spring break person. She is arguing for the spring break person that she doesn't know.

She is not 20, she's older.

This is part of what she wrote:

"They may obtain a lot of money, but no fun, no life, and
no friends-doesn't balance out to me. If you have your priorities straight
and get done pressing issues on time and together and have to "put off" some
smaller things for a week or two b/c your spring breaking at 20yrs old,
that's good to me and that's some thinking I will stick by and still be
ahead in life."


This is another person's response:

"I don't feel that you've ever said that I can't have fun as long as it's not
out of paying myself first or household account. I just wanted to make sure I
am understanding you...as long as it's "extra" that is set aside and planned
for, I don't need to feel bad getting a drink with friends for example???
Just clarifying... :)"

Exactly.

If you really mean this, maybe you should help me to teach "budgeting 101". :)

That is exactly the point, as long as its NOT out of household acct., out of money for IRA deposit, or charged on credit card, by all means have fun. :)

The concept is being able to understand ( wrong word: you all understand, I meant accept) trade offs. If I buy the 3rd extra pair of sunglasses, maybe I shouldn't go out this weekend.

But.................... I'd rather go out, great, then don't buy the sunglasses.

Re-read the above two sentences 90 times, and then once a week. :)

I've had this problem before on this subject. The people that don't "get it" ( and I hate to say this, but never might get it) think I mean "don't have any fun", or "he is causing me stress". Which is more stress, using household acct budgeting, or not paying bills and having creditors calling!!!!!!!!! Or worse yet.......... working two jobs to pay bills that are behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home