2005-03-05

people that need help the most accept it the least

Today's lesson: The people that need the help the most accept it the least

This person is in debt, needs to work a full time AND PT job to cover bills. Has an excuse for everything.

And thinks I'm "picking" on her. How sad. :(

I must be missing something, she doesn't want to stress herself over emails, but works two jobs because she's not capable of budgeting????

___________
STUDENT writes:

"can take criticism, but I only believe in constructive criticism.
Criticism that I am full of "BS" and can't see past my "BS" is very
offensive to me and I feel I don't need criticism referring to how timely I
respond to emails. "Was it done or not?" In this case- yes, responding to
emails, and working on your financial lessons was "done" and is currently
being "done". I don' t need to pressure and stress myself over emails...."
________________

Totally agree with you on priorities IF it was someone that even slightly understood the " excuses are BS concept".

In your case I thought it was important to "push" no excuses ( rather than getting into setting priorities) as your incapable at this point of distinguishing the difference.

For example: I know the only budgeting thing that works for people without an extremely high discipline level is the " household acct". concept. So you tried it, did it obviously totally wrong, and your answer is to not do it.

If I had succeeded your answer would have been "what did I screw up", and this time I'll make it work............. no excuses to myself.

In case you're wondering why I'm so intolerant with this person, it is because I have A LOT of time invested. Have been "working" on this person for a couple of years. Total waste of my time, she didn't get anything out of it. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home