2005-03-05

Didn't "hear a word"

Bear in mind when reading this her say "and that's some thinking I'll stick by" that after about two years of working on her she still thinks she's right. :(

Credit card debt problems, car loan on old car, needs to work a PT job on top of full time job to cover bills, etc, etc.

Learning from other people's mistakes beats the heck out of learning from your own:
_____________
Member writes:
"I think people get your point, but cut some slack where it's not necessary
to be such a hard ass. Some issues are pressing "get it done now", some
frankly, are not. It's good thinking to have in the appropriate situations,
if everyone had this thinking all the time they would be no fun and have
absolutely no life. They may obtain a lot of money, but no fun, no life, and
no friends-doesn't balance out to me. If you have your priorities straight
and get done pressing issues on time and together and have to "put off" some
smaller things for a week or two b/c your spring breaking at 20yrs old,
that's good to me and that's some thinking I will stick by and still be
ahead in life."

__________________
MONEY PROF continues:

Sad. You didn't "hear a word". :(
I never talk to people like this, but in your case: Do you think I started with nothing and built a 200 employee company, that does millions a year by not being an expert on setting priorities??
I thought it was important to "push" no excuses ( rather than getting into setting priorities) as you're incapable at this point of distinguishing the difference. All excuses are acceptable to you.
For example: I know the only budgeting thing that works for people without an extremely high discipline level is the " household acct". concept. So you tried it, did it obviously totally wrong, and your answer is to not do it. Do you even hear yourself???
If I had succeeded your answer would have been "what did I screw up", and this time I'll make it work............. no excuses to my self.
As far as you comment on " they might obtain a lot of money, but have no fun": First of all this has nothing to do with obtaining a lot of money, the purpose of what I was trying to get through to you would be pay your bills, not have stress from being in debt, have some money saved to retire early, AND have money saved for fun.
BTW: the myth that if you're poor you're happy and having fun, and if you have a few bucks you don't have fun was started by poor people.
The exact opposite is true, for example the top problem in relationships is financial. Question to yourself on fun: because of not accepting "excuses are BS" you have to work a side job besides a full time job, how can that be fun!!!!!!!!
As far as your comment on "spring break" how hard is it for her to have a set of papers sent to where she'll be on spring break to sign??
The other thing you're not throwing in is if she doesn't give a sh*t enough to take that type thinking, why would I waste my time. What's in it for me!!!!!!!!!! I have no hidden agenda, the only thing I get out of it is the self satisfaction of one of you being in the position to NOT think like the other 95% of people.
Might even help her set the tone for the no excuses concept on other items.
So stick to your thinking, and maybe it will work but it will be so much harder.
At my hourly rate of pay you could never afford to hire me to help you, I was willing to do it for free. My time is too valuable to waste, and not fair to waste yours. Good luck.
PS you always learn something in life. What I got out of this is "you can only help people that want help". And" those that need it the most will accept it the least".
In case you're wondering why I'm so intolerant with this person, it is because I have A LOT of time invested. Have been "working" on this person for a couple of years. Total waste of my time, she didn't get anything out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home